I feel like there are two types of people; the ones who get up extra early to have a nice, slow morning routine with a yummy, well-balanced breakfast (can you see it? Today’s paper on the table, a cup of tea, the smell of toast… ) and the ones who sleep as long as possible (so long that it just might be possible to shove down a sandwich in the backpack on the way out the door). I won’t tell you which one I am, but I’ll tell you this: the sleepy ones don’t have it easy with these early morning rushes.
So how do you solve the problem with a mushy sandwich for breakfast? Because let’s face it, that’s just not healthy in the long run. Sleeping habits are obviously a good place to start, but if that feels a little too much, here are a few quick meals/ meals that are possible to prep beforehand.
- Breakfast muffins (for an extra lux version, prep and bring nut butter or cheese)
- Yoghurt with berries and granola
- Overnight oats (some chiaseeds and banana in there will make you fuller for longer)
- Baked oats
- Fruitsalad with cottage cheese
- Omelet, scrambled eggs or a plain boiled egg
- Smoothie (in a good container it will last just fine overnight)
- Granola bars
Hope you found some inspo here. As students, we need to think a lot about meal prepping – breakfast, to-go lunches and snacks … I find that these meals can fit in several of the categories (at least brekkie and snacks!). Later this fall we’ll have a post on meal prepping, keep your eyes peeled for that!
Until then, take care, talk soon.