To drink alcohol free drinks are really the best way to cool in the summer. They taste great, are refreshing and you can drink how many you want to, and still take the car, study and go up early next day.
Here are three drinks you have to make for your friends this summer.
Pineapple & lime mocktail (4 drinks)
A bunch of coriander leaves, Juice from 1 lime, 750 ml pinapple juice, 400 ml tonic water, a handful of ice, (to make it sweeter, use soda water instead of tonic water)
- Chop the coriander and place in a cocktail shaker with the lime juice, 100 ml pinapple juice and a handful of ice.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold
- Strain into the glasses, add extra ice cubes and divide 650 ml pineapple juice and the tonic water between the glasses.
Ginger beer (6 drinks)
100g ginger, scrubbed and roughly chopped, 1 lemon, chopped, 100g light muscovado sugar, 1 litre bottle chilled lemonade or sparkling water
- Put the ginger and lemon in a bowl, pour over 300ml water and blitz with a hand blender
- Strain through a sieve into a bowl, then press the pulp to remove as much liquid as you can.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and blitz again.
- Decant into a bottle. Chill until ready to use.
- Add the lemonade or sparkling water to dilute before serving.
Orange & cranberry spritz (4 drinks)
500 ml orange juice, 500 ml cranberry juice, 400 ml sparkling elderflower drink
- Mix together orange juice and cranberry juice in a large jug.
- Slowly pour in the sparkling elderflower drink, as it will fizz up.
- Mix together and serve in tall glasses with ice.