If you’ve been enrolled at uni (in Sweden or elsewhere) during the last 18 months, you’ve for sure had classes online. Now that times are slowly going back to normal and we get to come back to the actual classroom again, we need to document, say something about these weird times. Whether your school have used Zoom or Teams or Google meet or something else, we think you’ve experienced at least one of the things we list below.
Things we won’t be missing with school online:
- Teachers who don’t know how to use Zoom (we had one who needed 20 mins to find the share screen button).
- Students who forget to mute themselves while doing something else during the lecture.
- Teachers who lose themselves in their lecture and totally forget breaks.
- Feeling lonely at times.
- Not being outdoors as much.
But there are good things too. These we will miss:
- The possibility to choose to sit, stand or lay on the couch while listening to a lecture.
- The possibility to do laundry or dishes while listening to a lecture.
- Not having to commute to get to class.
How do you feel about online classes? What’s it been like for you?
Talk to you soon!